- Search by test name and zip code
- Medical provider name, charge (retail price) and claim allowable (discount price) are displayed from lowest to highest
- Search and save engine helps satisfy ERISA fiduciary for the health plan by providing members a tool to manage costs
- One billion Medicare claims are searchable across all 50 states
- No more secret pricing. No more surprise medical bills.
- Self-insured organizations’ medical bills are made searchable so that their members can find affordable care with real price tags within their health plan
(left hand price tag)
- The retail amount
- Represents your maximum financial risk
- This is your bill if your claim is denied (happens 20% of the time) or if care is received out-of-network.
- There are some non-hospital providers with low charges for care. This means your maximum financial risk is low.
- Seek care with low charges to pay less and assume less money risk
(right hand price tag)
- The discount price
- The amount that’s really paid at the "counter"
- Default price tag shown is Medicare fee for service payment
- Medicare is the largest payer of health care, making it the only gold standard pricing in the US
- Paying Medicare plus 20% as a cash price will save you much more than paying a “discount” price off the usually very high retail price
- Self-insured organizations’ can have their medical bills pricing entered into our search engine so members can view real in-network pricing