1. You are a health care consumer – not just a patient.
2. You have the right to determine where you receive your health care.
3. You can choose to have your imaging performed at a hospital or at a freestanding imaging facility. Either entity will provide you with one free copy of your images on a disc for you to give to your doctor for review.
4. You can choose to have your blood work performed at a hospital or at a freestanding clinical laboratory. Freestanding clinical labs can interface with most Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
5. You can choose to have your elective surgery care, such as a colonoscopy, cataract surgery or carpal tunnel surgery performed at a hospital or at a freestanding ambulatory surgery center.
5. Knowing you have the above choices empowers each of you as a health care consumer, particularly when you know your medical cost before your medical procedure by looking it up on Pratter.
Note: Higher medical charges do not result in better medical care but they do guarantee you just what you don’t want - higher medical bills.